Progress So Far

  • Romance writer - Historical. Contemporary and Intrigue
  • 2 books written for HarperImpulse

Saturday 25 September 2010

Cream Crackered...

....don't know about you guys out there in blogland - but I'm exhausted. New Voices has closed (for now) and to be truthful I've been consumed by the whole thing! I've loved it. Reading (and commenting) on way too many entries - over 800 at the final count - can you believe that there are so many of *us* out there? Wow so many of us with dreams of becoming published by M&B it's amazing!

And what's even more amazing is the sheer variety of the entries, considering that the premise is that the H/h get together at the end! There have been some FANTASTIC entries - the writing is amazing and there are some authors out there who have the "Voice" that (I think) M&B are looking for. A lot of the authors I *know* through reading their blogs and following their journeys, and I seriously hope they get through, I really do.

I'm still checking my entry every day - VERY SAD Caroline - I know, I know - but it's addictive stuff I tell you. Goes without saying that I can't wait for Round 2. I just pity the poor editors having to pick just 10. Caroline xxxx

17 comments:

  1. It will soon be over, Caroline - word is they've chosen the top ten now.

    It's been terrific fun hasn't it - and completely addictive. Am so glad I entered. Although, like you, I'm amazed how many entries there were.

    Still keeping everything crossed for your fab chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the entries has been fab, though very time sucky. Maybe I'll get to my teetering ironing pile now there's no roses to check up on or new entries to read. I'm quite sad the roller coaster ride has to come to an end ... but partly glad too, maybe now I can get on with some serious writing.

    Best of luck with your chapter, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so much fun! Good luck Caroline, not long now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for reading all those entries, Caroline - no wonder you're exhausted! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Suzanne - they've chosen the 10 already! Wow that's quick. Hope your chapter is there as it was fab. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joanne and Lacey - fingers crossed for us ALL I say. There were so many great chapters - I hope the editors think that there is some serious talent out there! Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Amanda - but reading them was fun. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be exactly the same checking daily and then a little voice in my head would say 'a watched pot never boils'. So good luck. I didn't get a chance to read/vote on all of them, but I can imagine it was exhausting fun entering.:O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best, Caroline, fingers crossed for you. I will read that blog link and get a look at your entry ASAP. You're a terrific writer and I'm sure you'll do great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best Caroline. Likewise, ten already. I must go and check it out.

    Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Suzanne - unfortunately I'm not in the Top 10. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read a few of the entries and they were so good. I don't envy the poor judges having to choose only 10 out of so many.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Caroline, I was watching Wallace and Gromit's A Matter of Loaf and Death tonight and imagine my surprise when Wallace declares himself all worn out by saying he was "Cream Crackered"?!! It's not a term I've ever heard before (here in Oz) but I instantly thought of you and now I can (sadly and most apologetically) say I understand the title of your blog.

    But at least you don't have a baker-hating serial killer after you, eh lass? (Sorry, my attempt at some W&G humour).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debs - great to see you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Elissa - yes I forget that some of our "quaint" English sayings won't mean a thing to others - and vice versa of course! Thanks for stopping by and I *love* your "lips" - if you pardon me for being forward! And Wallace and Gromit are great. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete